We're excited to announce that, in accordance with the roadmap set out by the Prime Minister, our Taster Sessions will be returning to the calendar from the final weekend of May!
We will, of course, be following all government guidelines throughout and your safety will be at the forefront of everything we do on the day.
To ensure we can maintain social distancing, we are reducing numbers at each session from our previous capacity of 20 to just 10 this spring and summer.
If you’d like to know more about the procedures we’ll be following before you place a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org otherwise we’ll send you full details prior to you joining us for the day.
So – after a much longer wait than anyone anticipated – if you watched the last Winter Olympics and thought, 'I'd love to do that' but are put off by the freezing cold weather or the thought of having to head overseas to give it a go - well, now you don't have to worry about either!
We’re running a series of spring and summer taster sessions for both sports, giving you the chance to try your hand at bobsleigh or skeleton, or even both, and we do it right here in the UK.
Based at the home of the BBSA in Bath, these sessions are the perfect introduction to the sport and they make a great present for that adventurous friend or family member.
Catering for everyone from bucket list enthusiasts to fitness fanatics and from armchair fans to budding Olympians, these sessions are a great way to use up all that pent up energy from a year of lockdown!
- These sessions take place at our unique push track at the University of Bath, the only track of its kind in the country
- You’ll receive world-class coaching from current GB athletes, who will show you the tricks of the trade, pass on tips and advice to improve your technique and answer all your questions on the sport
- Speed is at the heart of both bobsleigh and skeleton so you’ll have plenty of time to test yourself against the clock once you’ve learnt the basics
- Sessions are open to complete beginners and no experience of the sports is required
- If you've attended a session before, you're more than welcome to come again - we'll make sure you start where you left off so you'll make even more progress second time around
- You don't have to be super fit to take part, either - we tailor your session to your capabilities and you are more than welcome to take a breather or slow things down whenever you want. If you do pick things up quickly, though, you won't be held back by others who aren't quite so confident - we'll help you kick on at your own speed
- The adult sessions are for those aged 16 and above (see details on a junior session below) but there is no upper age limit. We've had an 84-year-old member enjoy a bobsleigh session in recent years so please don't be put off if you are eligible for a bus pass
- We cater for all different shapes and sizes but if you have any concerns about your ability to take part, please don't hesitate to get in touch direct
- If you're booking as a gift for someone else, just let us know and we'll send you a personalised voucher
- Saturday 29th May 2021
- Saturday 12th June 2021
- Sunday 20th June 2021
- Saturday 10th July 2021
- Saturday 24th July 2021
- Saturday 7th August 2021
- Saturday 21st August 2021
Timings for the day will be Skeleton sessions 12:30-14:00 / Bobsleigh sessions 14:30-16:00
Sessions cost £90 per person, with a maximum of 10 spaces allocated for each session (due to the ongoing pandemic, we will be reducing the number of participants per session so that we can enable social distancing measures can be put in place).
A discounted rate of £160 is available for people wishing to try both sports on the same day.
Junior Skeleton session:
These sessions are open to those aged between 12 and 15 years of age. Unfortunately, we are not able to run a bobsleigh session for anyone under the age of 16 as things stand.
- Wednesday 4th August 2021
- Wednesday 18th August 2021
To book a space email email@example.com with the below details;
Name of person taking part in the session:
Name of person booking (if different from above):
Date of session requested:
Which sport is the booking for? (Bobsleigh, skeleton or both)
Contact email address:
Contact telephone number: