Please note that the taster sessions scheduled for 2020 have been postponed on the back of government advice surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic. Customers who have already booked on to those sessions have been contacted via email.
Updates on future sessions for the spring of 2021 will follow. Thank you for your understanding.
Below is a summary of what our sessions involve and a guide to how they might look in 2021.
So, you've watched the Winter Olympics and thought, 'I'd love to do that' but are put off by the freezing cold weather or the thought of having to head overseas to give it a go - well, now you don't have to worry about either.
We run a series of spring and summer taster sessions for both sports, giving you the chance to try your hand at bobsleigh or skeleton, or even both, and we do it right here in the UK.
Based at the home of the BBSA in Bath, these sessions are the perfect introduction to the sport and they make a great birthday or Christmas present for that adventurous friend or family member.
Catering for everyone from bucket list enthusiasts to fitness fanatics and armchair fans to budding Olympians, these sessions will start again in the spring of 2021, once our athletes have completed the winter season and are back on British soil.
- These sessions take place at our new and improved push track at the University of Bath, the only track of its kind in the country
- You’ll receive world-class coaching from current GB athletes, who will show you the tricks of the trade, pass on tips and advice to improve your technique and answer all your questions on the sport
- Speed is at the heart of both bobsleigh and skeleton so you’ll have plenty of time to test yourself against the clock once you’ve learnt the basics
- Sessions are open to complete beginners and no experience of the sports is required
- If you've attended a session before, you're more than welcome to come again - we'll make sure you start where you left off so you'll make even more progress second time around
- You don't have to be super fit to take part, either - we tailor your session to your capabilities and you are more than welcome to take a breather or slow things down whenever you want. If you do pick things up quickly, though, you won't be held back by others who aren't quite so confident - we'll help you kick on at your own speed
- The adult sessions are for those aged 16 and above (see details on a junior session below) but there is no upper age limit. We've had an 84-year-old member enjoy a bobsleigh session in recent years so please don't be put off if you are eligible for a bus pass
- We cater for all different shapes and sizes but if you have any concerns about your ability to take part, please don't hesitate to get in touch direct
- If you're booking as a gift for someone else, just let us know and we'll send you a personalised voucher
Sessions cost £90 per person, with a maximum of 20 spaces allocated for each session.
A discounted rate of £160 is available for people wishing to try both sports on the same day.
Junior Skeleton session:
These sessions are open to those aged between 12 and 15 years of age. Unfortunately, we are not able to run a bobsleigh session for anyone under the age of 16 as things stand.