We run a series of spring and summer taster sessions for both sports, giving you the chance to try your hand at bobsleigh or skeleton, or even both, and we do it right here in the UK.
Based at the home of the BBSA in Bath, these sessions are the perfect introduction to the sport and they make a great present for that adventurous friend or family member.
Catering for everyone from bucket list enthusiasts to fitness fanatics and from armchair fans to budding Olympians, these sessions are a great way to use up all that pent up energy from the extended lockdowns!
- These sessions take place at our unique push track at the University of Bath, the only track of its kind in the country
- You’ll receive world-class coaching from current GB athletes and/or GB coaches, who will show you the tricks of the trade, pass on tips and advice to improve your technique and answer all your questions on the sport
- Speed is at the heart of both bobsleigh and skeleton so you’ll have plenty of time to test yourself against the clock once you’ve learnt the basics
- Sessions are open to complete beginners and no experience of the sports is required
- If you've attended a session before, you're more than welcome to come again - we'll make sure you start where you left off so you'll make even more progress second time around
- You don't have to be super fit to take part, either - we tailor your session to your capabilities and you are more than welcome to take a breather or slow things down whenever you want. If you do pick things up quickly, though, you won't be held back by others who aren't quite so confident - we'll help you kick on at your own speed
- The adult sessions are for those aged 16 and above (see details on a junior session below) but there is no upper age limit. We've had an 84-year-old member enjoy a bobsleigh session in recent years so please don't be put off if you are eligible for a bus pass
- We cater for all different shapes and sizes but if you have any concerns about your ability to take part, please don't hesitate to get in touch direct
- If you're booking as a gift for someone else, just let us know and we'll send you a personalised voucher
Junior Skeleton Session 12-15yr olds:
If you have a junior who would like to try skeleton, please get in contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have assessed interest, we will be in touch to offer a date/s.
2022 Taster Session Dates
Skeleton sessions begin at 12.30pm and finish at 2pm.
Bobsleigh sessions begin at 3pm and finish at 4.30pm.
Saturday 21st May - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
Saturday 4th June - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
Saturday 18th June - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
Saturday 9th July - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
Saturday 23rd July - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
Saturday 6th August - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
Saturday 3rd September - Bobsleigh Fully Booked - ONLY SKELETON AVAILABLE
To read or download our Terms & Conditions, please click here