Skeleton team selection race
The BBSA Skeleton team selection races for the 2019/20 season take place in Lillehammer, Norway, on November 6 and 7.
The selection races will be over four runs, with training featuring two runs per session. Training runs are scheduled for November 3, 4 and 5.
We wish to advise all BBSA members who wish to compete in these races of the following arrangements.
- Sunday November 3 - Official Training Day 1
- Monday November 4 - Official Training Day 2
- Tuesday November 5 - Official Training Day 3
- Wednesday November 6 - Race Day Runs 1 & 2
- Thursday November 7 - Race Day Runs 3 & 4
After the selection races, the BBSA National Skeleton Selection Committee will confirm athlete selections for the following National Teams:
- World Cup
- Intercontinental Cup
- European Cup
- North American Cup
If you would like to take part, please contact email@example.com. The entrance fee is £50, with entrants required to use their own equipment. Costs must be covered by participants and racing will take place under IBSF rules, including rules on equipment.
The closing date for entries is 5.30pm on Sunday, October 20.
To participate, individuals must be a current BBSA member and hold a current BBSA Skeleton race licence. If you do not have a licence you should contact the BBSA office as soon as possible to arrange for a licence to be issued.
To issue the licence the following is required:
- A letter from your doctor indicating you are medically fit to slide
- An electronic passport style photo
- Licence Issue Fee of £15
- Subscription to BBSA Gold Membership (£55) (unless already a member)
- Written proof/documentation of your current travel insurance
Additionally, please note that you will not be able to slide until your insurance has been presented to the race organiser. In specific reference to your insurance, you are advised to read your policy extremely carefully as some policies do not include Skeleton.