Following on from the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea, we ran a series of spring and summer taster sessions for both sports, giving you the chance to try your hand at bobsleigh or skeleton, or even both.
Due to their popularity, these sessions will start again in April 2019, once the athletes have completed the winter season and are back on British soil.
- These two-and-a-half-hour sessions take place at our new and improved push track at the University of Bath, the only track of its kind in the country
- You’ll receive world-class coaching from current GB athletes, who will show you the tricks of the trade, pass on tips and advice to improve your technique and answer all your questions on the sport
- Speed is at the heart of both bobsleigh and skeleton so you’ll have plenty of time to test yourself against the clock once you’ve learnt the basics
- Sessions are open to complete beginners and no experience of the sports is required
- If you've attended a session before, you're more than welcome to come again - we'll make sure you start where you left off so you'll make even more progress second time around
- You don't have to be super fit to take part, either - we tailor your session to your capabilities and you are more than welcome to take a breather or slow things down whenever you want. If you do pick things up quickly, though, you won't be held back by others who aren't quite so confident - we'll help you kick on at your own speed
- The adult sessions are for those aged 16 and above (see details on a junior session below) but there is no upper age limit. We've had an 84-year-old member enjoy a bobsleigh session in recent years so please don't be put off if you are eligible for a buss pass
- We cater for all different shapes and sizes but if you have any concerns about your ability to take part, please don't hesitate to get in touch direct
The dates for these sessions are as follows:
Saturday, April 13th
Saturday, May 11th
Saturday, June 15th
Saturday, July 13th
Saturday, August 17th
All skeleton sessions will start at 12pm and finish at 2.30pm.
All bobsleigh sessions will start at 3pm and finish at 5.30pm.
Junior Skeleton session:
By popular demand, we will be running a junior skeleton session on Saturday, August 10th from 12 - 2.30pm. This session is open to those aged between 12 and 15 years of age. Unfortunately, we are not able to run a bobsleigh session for anyone under the age of 16 as things stand.
Sessions cost £90 per person, with a maximum of 20 spaces allocated for each session.
A discounted rate of £150 is available for people wishing to try both sports on the same day.
If you would like to book a session/s, please fill in the details below and send to email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in the spring or summer!